About Robyn Webb, MS
Award winning cookbook author and culinary instructor, Robyn Webb has been a passionate advocate of cooking well and eating wisely for most of her life. Because of health problems within her own family, mostly notably diabetes, Robyn learned early on the importance of a balanced, healthful approach to eating. Robyn graduated from Syracuse University with a BS in nutrition and Florida State University with a MS in nutrition.
Working with the American Diabetes Association
Her interest and expertise in nutrition have led to her extensive work with the American Diabetes Association (ADA). Combining culinary talents with hard scientific data, Robyn has devoted her energies to educating people with diabetes about how to facilitate the daily challenge of managing their disease through creative, healthful meal planning. She is the Food Editor of the award winning Diabetes Forecast magazine published by the ADA and read by more than a half million people every month in hardcopy and online.
In collaboration mostly with the American Diabetes Association but additional publishers as well, Robyn Webb has produced numerous cookbooks that teach people with diabetes how to maintain healthful diets with food that is satisfying and flavorful. The first, Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes or Less (1996) continues to be the American Diabetes Association top seller and third largest seller of all diabetic books ever sold on http://www.amazon.com. Together with her next book, The Flavorful Seasons (1996), more than 20,000 copies were sold on QVC shopping network.
Her next book, Robyn Webb’s Memorable Menus Made Easy: Signature Meals for Entertaining or Any Occasion (1998), was acclaimed by reviewers for its ability to transform a restrictive meal plan to a satisfying way of life. More Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes or Less was published in 1999 as a very successful follow up to the original. Express Lane Diabetic Cookbook (2000), was a revelation for home cooks for its ability to organize a busy cook for producing healthful full flavored meals in minutes.
The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible (2001), co authored with Hope Warshaw RD, CDE, was a long awaited comprehensive guide to everything a person with diabetes needs to know about planning, cooking, shopping and eating for diabetes. The Bible captured one of the nation’s most prestigious awards. The Bronze medal has been awarded to the book by the National Health Information Awards 2002. The awards honor the very best in consumer books on health.
Her next successful book in the 30 minute or less series was Italian Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes or Less (ADA 2005) based on her passion for the health Italian lifestyle. In 2007 You Can Eat That: Awesome Food for Children with Diabetes was published by the world renowned Cleveland Clinic.
Together with acclaimed physician Dr. Neal Barnard, President of Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. The book entitled Go Vegan, Get Healthy, is an exploration of vegan foods to support a host of health issues including diabetes, hypertension and heart disease. The book is published by the prestigious DA Capo publishing in New York City. Reviews of the books have been extraordinary. It remained in the top 50 of Amazon cookbooks for several weeks.
Robyn’s The Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook; Foods to Fill You Up , But Not Out, by the American Diabetes Association, was released October 2011 to critical acclaim. It is a collection of 135 homestyle recipes that everyone loves made healthier. Reviews have been very strong and the book is currently already in its second printing. It garnered the prestigious Gourmand Best in the World award for the United States in the Health and Nutrition category. The book competed against similar titles by international authors in Paris in March 2012. She also won the Nautilus award for books honoring the advancement of wellness. Currently the book remains the number one cookbook in the diabetes category at the American Diabetes Association and on Amazon.
After the Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook, Robyn authored The Low Salt Spice and Herb Cookbook. It is a collection of 125 recipes, full of flavor short on the sodium. The book teaches readers how to use commercially prepared no salt herb and spice blends, how to use fresh herbs and how to incorporate some of the lesser known but very intensely flavored herbs and spices from around the world. This is Robyn’s second book with DaCapo Publishing.
Her most recent release is The Smart Shopper Diabetes Cookbook, by the ADA (2013), which has been named to the prestigious Washington Post Best of 2013 Cookbook List. The book is a based on a system of grocery shopping from the salad bar, deli, frozen food section and shelf stable foods to create flavorful, healthy meals.
- Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes or Less (American Diabetes Association, 1996)
- The Flavorful Seasons (American Diabetes Association, 1996)
- Robyn Webb’s Memorable Menus Made Easy (ADA, 1997)
- More Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes or Less (ADA 1999)
- Express Lane Diabetic Cooking (ADA, 2000)
- The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible (ADA, 2001): award winner
- Italian Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes or Less (ADA, 2005)
- Eat to Beat Diabetes (Readers Digest Books, 2002)
- Eat to Beat high Blood Pressure (Readers Digest Books, 2003)
- You Can Eat That: Awesome Food for Kids with Diabetes (Cleveland Clinic, fall 2007)
- Get Healthy, Go Vegan, co authored with Dr. Neal Barnard (Da Capo, 2010)
- The Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook; Foods to Fill You Up, Not Out (ADA, 2011); 2 time Award Winner! The World Gourmand Award for best in US Health, The Silver Nautilus Award
- The Low Salt Herb and Spice Cookbook (Da Capo, fall 2012)
- The smart Shopper Diabetes Cookbook, (ADA 2012), Named to Best of 2013 Cookbook, The Washington Post
- Food Editor , Diabetes Forecast, award winning magazine published by the American Diabetes Association
- Recipe developer and freelance writer: American Institute of Cancer Research, Cooking Light Magazine
- Writer: FoodNetwork.com